Voting

Friday, September 7, 2012

Tandee

Well, I have used up all 20 of my pages here on my blog. So I think I will double up on them, putting 2 or even 3 fairies on each page. My latest fairy, Tandee, is on a page with Rya.
Where is the "S" fairy? I accidentally skipped it! I already have a name beginning with "U" for the next one, so the "S" will have to wait. No big deal. I don't think the fairies will mind.

Tandee was a birthday gift for my daughter, and she was so happy! This fairy is the only one I have done using real cicada wings. I found a naturally deceased one while walking Jules, and scooped it up. After thanking the poor bug, I preserved its beautiful, delicate little wings by applying a coating of Fimo deco gel, baking them for 5 minutes. I did brush on a bit of matte acrylic varnish at the last. I glued the wings to a short length of wire which I secured to the holes in Tandee's back.  The result was very sweet.

The jar she is in has a solar lid which you can remove and put under light, then screw back on and watch it light up at night or in the dark. So fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment